Friday, April 23, 2010

In with the old?

So here is the thing.. I own a LOT of clothing! much more than I wear.. lately I've been on a budget because I want to do more traveling, so I haven't been shopping that much (or shopping for inexpensive items) so I have been digging up my closet and found beautiful pieces I have either never worn or worn once or twice before.  I am a shame to say that I have over bought clothes that I didn't really need at the moment, obviously since I hadn't even worn it until now.  I am what many call an impulsive shopper.. and I am not proud of that.. I guess I get that from my dad.. only he buys gadgets and I buy dresses.  So this is what I'm going to do: I am going to minimize my shopping, and start wearing what I already own. Crazy huh? you might think that a lot of if has gone out of fashion, but c'mon retro? vintage? I know fashion is about looking forward and not backwards, but It doesn't hurt to take a peak on the past to understand where the future is going.  Fashion for me is about expression, just like art. I don't think I need to buy a new pair of shoes or a new dress every weekend to express who I am. I think that the most innovative stylists or fashion icons are those who look effortless, yet chic and those that do more with less.  So I am going to start wearing all my many seasons ago clothing items, but giving them a new touch. I am going to express myself with what I have and make the most of it.  I am going to RECYCLE my clothes! Yes, that's the best way I can put it.
I hope you can join me in my journey of expression..
But don't get me wrong, I am for sure donating a lot of stuff.. I always send a lot of clothing down to my grandma's pueblito in Santiago Ixcuintla, Nayarit.  So if anybody ever wants to donate some of your clothes, let me know! As I write, six boxes of children, women, men's clothing items are being taken to Santiago for people that are not as fortunate as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment